Re: Caddx NX-8E - RS232 ASCII Codes

"Robert L Bass" <robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:W7SdnV9OBKITm0DfRVn-2A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> That's the usuall bullshit line most installers give... calling it
>> "integrity" is almost entirely bogus.
>
> True.  Installing dealers have variously claimed that keeping product
> documentation and software tools away from end users "preserves the
> integrity" of their systems, protects them from liability and all sorts of
> other nonsense.

Name one such "dealer".  Read the documentation that comes with the alarm
equipment you sell (as well as the dealer software).  What does it say??
"For use by trained service personnel" (or words to that effect).  I suppose
you'd advocate DIY'ing elevators if you could manage to sell the parts
required...   Do you do your own brake jobs??  Lot's of places sell brake
pads and parts online...  some even provide "training over the phone"...
Some of us may be qualified enough to do so, but those individuals are few
and far between.

> The reality is most alarm dealers don't want clients to know how to change
> service providers.

Most clients have a contractual arrangement that they can cancel anytime
they wish (providing they provide the requisite notice).  There may be
penalties associated with early cancellation or cancelling in the middle of
a contract term.  It's a lot like the insurance contract.  You pay a premium
and if you decide to cancel half way through, there is a certain amount of
that premium that the insurer will retain (depending on when in the policy
term you've decided to cancel).  Clients can change service providers
whenever they want.  It's not rocket science.

If they want a UL (or ULC) listed monitoring station to receive the signals
from their alarm equipment and respond in the appropriate manner, they're
going to have to go through a dealer (much the same as when you were
flogging monitoring for Alarm Central, remember??)

> The rest is 100% smoke screen.  I get a lot of flak from the ASAIB because
> I speak up against some of the practices in the industry.

You get a lot of flak because you frequently post lies, innuendo, and
misleading statements and for no other reason.  You don't "advocate" for
anyone but yourself and continue to flog product in ASA against the Group's
FAQ.  People "tolerate" your doing that here because you're "helpful", but
in ASA you contribute absolutely nothing that isn't laced with some form of
personal attack or invective.

You still haven't answered Mark's question about which "distributor" I work
for and you can't because (once again) you don't really know and you've been
caught telling another lie about someone.  Tsk!!!