Re: Caddx NX-8E - RS232 ASCII Codes

> That's the usuall bullshit line most installers give... calling it
> "integrity" is almost entirely bogus.

True.  Installing dealers have variously claimed that keeping product
documentation and software tools away from end users "preserves the
integrity" of their systems, protects them from liability and all sorts of
other nonsense.  The reality is most alarm dealers don't want clients to
know how to change service providers.  The rest is 100% smoke screen.  I get
a lot of flak from the ASAIB because I speak up against some of the
practices in the industry.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass