Re: Caddx NX-8E - RS232 ASCII Codes

> Why wouldn't they give out the commands?

Like most alarm manufacturers, Caddx (GE Security) caters to alarm
dealers -- not the public.  Many dealers will drop a line if they think the
manufacturer is willing to give support to DIYers.

> If I want to write my own program to talk to
> it...what's the big deal.  So now, instead of
> having my security system talk directly to my
> lighting system, I have to purchase something
> like Homevision...

I used to have the protocol on my old PC.  Unfortunately, it was one of the
files I failed to back up when I bought new machines this year.  Next time I
talk to GE I'll ask them to send it to me.

> I thought this was suppose to be a good DIY
> security system...

It's not a bad system but you have to get your support from your equipment
supplier -- not the manufacturer.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass