Re: Preventing Random X-10 Code interference...

Hi guys!
I just love these discussions.. they start off so easy to understand an
then go right over my head.

Dave, I do have one two-way device, but I shut down that circuit
breaker, and the problem still continued.

One thing I just noticed was that my old 17" Viewsonic CRT seems to be
wreaking havoc with the system, too.  It's as if it somehow multiplies
the problem with the LCD monitors.

Now, I put AF120's on everything.

This almost solved the problem.  Now I am getting stray codes about
every 30 minutes (not every 2 minutes like before!) but you guys won't
believe the pattern I am seeing.  You have to see my X10 Code Usage
Grid to believe it!

Maybe you can lead me in the right direction, because I noticed a VERY
interesting pattern.

When I look at X-10 Activehome's Historical Code Usage, as you may have
seen, it lights up red for each stray code it receives.

Instead of being red almost ALL over, as it was before I put AF120s
everywhere, now, I am getting ONLY stray codes that are on numbers one
or three!!

In red, I see
A1, A3, B1, B3, C1, C3, D1, D3, F1, G1, G3, G1, J1, K1, K3 etc.

There were two others, actually, K6 and I8, but that's it.

It's remarkable!

Aside from those two stray codes, over the entire day, ONLY 1's and 3's
have been broadcast!!

What do you think about that?

Is that indicative of something?

It can't be a coincidence..

At least I have an idea for a workaround...!

On my three housecodes, M,N,O, I will leave 1 and 3 EMPTY!

Silly workaround... I'd love to solve this!

Any ideas?

And thanks for the advice about the 6288 5A filters being more
effective than these 15A ones.  Like my girlfriends always say, I just
thought bigger was better......!

These 1 and 3 codes are strange!
Any ideas?  Have you seen that before?

Thanks,