Re: Preventing Random X-10 Code interference...

Hi Dave,

Very interesting...

This morning I woke up to find everything clear in the Historical Grid,
except for:
A1, B1, C1, D1, C3, G3.

I didn't see anything in my Activity Monitor.

Upon some further investigation, I enabled the Activity Monitor to also
display codes it received via RF (as opposed to the home wiring)

Lo and behold, I found:

Receive RF B Mute (two at the same time)
Receive RF G Autofocus (two at the same time)
Receive RF A Five (2 at the same time, and yes FIVE was spelled out!)
Receive RF C Iris Down (two at the same time)
Receive RF D Iris Down (two at the same time)
Receive RF N CamGoPosition1

Isn't this interesting... So it looks like it's sensing phantom RF
signals, and not signals over the home wiring.

That's reassuring!

Today I will leave my LG monitors turned on.
Let's see if I get non-RF phantom codes.

At least we know my house lines are clear.
This is good news.

Sorry that I forgot to answer your question before -- I have two
couplers.

I made one myself which I stuck in my circuit breaker box.
I just attached the recommended capacitor between two breakers.

And I also purchased that heavy-duty one with a booster that plugs into
my dryer outlet.

That particular device was a lifesaver!

I was never able to control my front hallway/foyer lights when my
outdoor fluorescents were on, nor was I able to control my kitchen
lights (ever), and once I installed that unit, everything worked
perfectly.

(As an aside, when I was doing those tests to isolate the noise, I
forgot to turn back on my dryer's breaker the next morning.  A third of
my modules weren't working.  I was so upset!  I couldn't figure it out.
 Until my partner said, "The Light in dryer isn't working!!!!!!!!!"
Aha!  Solved it!)

So, at least at this point, my house wiring seems 100% clear with these
monitors off.
Now I'll leave them on.

Then we'll have to see what's up with these RF commands my CM15A is
picking up.

Interestingly, I completely removed the antenna from the unit (remember
my eggbeater woes!??), so I wonder if it's 'making up' signals, or if
it's really picking up stray garage door openers, etc. etc.

Interestingly, from bedtime at 3:00 until wakup at 9:00, there were no
phantom RF codes received.

Maybe there's something in the house that we are using that's causing
it...

We shall see!