Re: Caddx NX-8E - RS232 ASCII Codes

"Robert L Bass" <robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:oaydnVAnVvI1JkPfRVn-2A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> True.  Installing dealers have variously claimed that keeping product
>>> documentation and software tools away from end users "preserves the
>>> integrity" of their systems, protects them from liability and all sorts
>>> of other nonsense.
>>
>> Name one such "dealer".
>
> Google the word "liability" in the security newsgroup where you flame me
> roughly 20 times a day (speaking of "agenda").

"20 times"??  Another misleading comment.  I haven't flamed you once.  I
pull your chain about as much as anyone elses, and that's all done in good
fun.

>> I suppose you'd advocate DIY'ing elevators if
>> you could manage to sell the parts required...
>
> Naah.  Too heavy to offer free shipping.
>
>> Do you do your own brake jobs??
>
> Nope, but that's because I'm not an auto mechanic and brake work requires
> expensive tools which most DIYers don't own.

Really??  I do my own brake jobs.  A couple of crescent wrenches, a one-way
bleeder and small bucket is about all you require...  Oh...  there's a
degree of "elbow grease" needed as well, and a couple of good solid jack
stands.

>  I have a cousin who is a network communications engineer.  He's also a
> knowledgeable mechanic who fixes his own cars.  If I were expert on things
> automotive I might sell auto repair parts online.  Since my expertise is
> in alarms and systems integration, I sell alarm and HA systems online
> instead.

You've missed the point... again...

>>> The reality is most alarm dealers don't want
>>> clients to know how to change service providers.
>>
>> Most clients have a contractual arrangement...
>
> Exactly!  Monitoring revenue is the prime reason dealers want to keep end
> users from learning how to service their own systems.

What a load of cod's whollop.  Oh...  I forgot...  You're not a Dealer, are
you??  Had to abandon your monitoring clients because the Florida Attorney
General's office investigated your operation and made a few "suggestions",
right??

>> It's a lot like the insurance contract...
>
> No, it's not but that is irrelavent to the discussion at hand.

In your mind, perhaps...

>> If they want a UL (or ULC) listed monitoring station
>> to receive the signals from their alarm equipment and
>> respond in the appropriate manner, they're going to
>> have to go through a dealer...
>
> Bullshit!  Each central station makes its own decision whether to offer
> services to DIYers.  Some do.  Some don't.

Uh-huh...  Name one (that's UL or ULC listed).

>> (much the same as when you were flogging
>> monitoring for Alarm Central, remember??)
>
> Flogging?  I offered their services for several years.  I don't make
> enough profit on it for the time required to maintain the service so now I
> just refer people to online vendors who offer services direct to DIYers.
> However, Alarm Central is UL listed and they do monitor DIY systems.

Seems to me that a "profit margin" on an item that exceeds 1000% must have
been pretty tough to let go.  After all, AC did offer free monitoring to
their Dealers that sold a particular package, didn't they??  As for their
being UL Listed...  I'd suggest you do a little further investigation.
Seems to me that a company interested in providing service to independent
Dealers would ensure their UL Listing information appears somewhere on their
website...

>>> The rest is 100% smoke screen.  I get a lot of flak
>>> from the ASAIB because I speak up against some
>>> of the practices in the industry.
>>
>> --- snip unprovoked flames ---

Let's not.  I'd like the people here to see what you consider to be
"unprovoked flames":

"You get a lot of flak because you frequently post lies, innuendo, and
misleading statements and for no other reason.  You don't "advocate" for
anyone but yourself and continue to flog product in ASA against the Group's
FAQ.  People "tolerate" your doing that here because you're "helpful", but
in ASA you contribute absolutely nothing that isn't laced with some form of
personal attack or invective.

You still haven't answered Mark's question about which "distributor" I work
for and you can't because (once again) you don't really know and you've been
caught telling another lie about someone.  Tsk!!!"

Show me where any of the above isn't true.  Post the name of the distributor
you say I work for, Robert.

As for your earlier comment on about my not being an an Elk Dealer...  I
have told you on several occasions that trying to find things out about me
in particular only serves to highlight your rather miserable investigative
skills...  But do please keep trying...  I find your frequent efforts at
discrediting me actually quite amusing...