Re: Stargate Vs other home controllers?

>> Additional information from ELK regarding the M1XEP module...
>>
>> The XEP will broadcast the M1 packets to all open connections.
>> If you make a TCP connection, you can use the standard ASCII
>> protocol.  The protocol documentation is available on Elk's website at
>> http://www.elkproducts.com/products/m1/m1documentation.htm
>>
>> Let me know if you have further questions.
>
> The "XEP" will *not* do what you say...
> --- snip supposition ---

Actually, that was what ELK said.  I discussed this with ELK before posting
to make sure I was giving good advice.  Somehow I suspect they know the
device better than you.

One of the benefits of being an ELK distributor is the opportunity to
develop a close working relationship with their engineering staff and the
sales and support folks.  They're one of the best companies I work with.
Not being a dealer and not having access to an M1 Gold, you might not be
aware of that.  Rather than spout about something you've never even seen,
you should discuss the matter with ELK.  That will make you appear less...
well, never mind.