Re: Stargate Vs other home controllers?

news:McudnYtrA55cBEnfRVn-jQ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Additional information from ELK regarding the M1XEP module...
>
> The XEP will broadcast the M1 packets to all open connections.
> If you make a TCP connection, you can use the standard ASCII
> protocol.  The protocol documentation is available on Elk's website at
> http://www.elkproducts.com/products/m1/m1documentation.htm
>
> Let me know if you have further questions.

The "XEP" will *not* do what you say.  The Elk panel will communicate with
the "XEP" using ASCII strings but will not forward those strings to allow
remote control or interface with another HA system.  That feature is
available through the onboard RS232 port and doesn't require an additional
module.  It's quite obvious to me that you haven't read the manual for the
M1XEP, and don't understand what it does.  It's also quite obvious to me
that you've *not* conversed with ELK Technical Support concerning this issue
(as you indicated in a previous post).  If you're going to provide technical
help on a product, I'd suggest you familiarize yourself with it before you
wind up with both shoes wedged firmly in your mouth.