Re: Stargate Vs other home controllers?

MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Right. And with the Ocelot comes the need to do microprocessor programming
> in an arcane proprietary language (C-max) which makes it unsuited for the
> vast majority of homeowners.

I don't think you *need* to use C-max. You can access and control all
its I/O from the serial port, so you could use a PC-based program to
control it.

But I don't think C-max is that bad:

   IF Module #1 Analog #0 becomes < 32 // If it gets dark
   THEN X-10-A1-Switch, Turn On        // Turn on light

But then I've been programming for years, so I don't know what's
considered "hard" these days.

- Mark.