Re: A few to make you laugh

On Monday, April 27, 2020 at 7:56:40 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
>=20
> You know I grew up where we still had free range cattle, I killed three=
=20
> rattle snakes inside my mom's kitchen before I found the hole they were=
=20
> coming in, and my first job out of high school was maintaining drip=20
> irrigation where the city slicker who owned the place wouldn't let us=20
> kill rattlers we found sleeping under a leaking pressure cap.  We had to=
=20
> scoop them up with a shovel and fling them over the fence.  All that and=
=20
> I never set a tortoise on a post, and I never tipped a cow.  Those sound=
=20
> more like dude tricks.

I had an uncle who was born and raised here in NY. They decided that they w=
anted to move to Tucson for some reason. We went out to visit them back in =
the 80's and while we were there I noticed a .22 ga revolver sitting in the=
 corner on the kitchen counter. I asked my uncle what that was for and he s=
aid that he never went out in the yard without it. City slicker that I am, =
I had to ask he why. He told me when they first moved there one day he went=
 out to get the mail when a rattler slithered out of the mail box. The same=
 day he went to town and bought the gun and from that day on carried it wit=
h him whenever he went out. I know something about guns and I don't think t=
here's too many people who could hit a rattler on the move with a .22. But =
I guess it made him feel better to have it with him.