Re: sex scams in Vietnam and other places

"Stormin Mormon"  wrote in message news:y9Eou.485493$c56.319033@xxxxxxxxxxx

>> Were you in 'Nam during that time? Telling things from word of mouth or
>> from real real life experience?
>
>     My orders to Vietnam were changed to Alaska at the last minute. The
> TV station I was to work at was over run about two weeks after I would
> have arrived, and it's very likely I wouldn't be here since most of the
> staff was killed. I got what was left of a 5 KW Gates VHF TV transmitter
> for parts at the station in Alaska.
>
>     I had several underage girls try to trick me into bed while stationed
> at Ft. Rucker.  They used a lot of makeup, and some guys fell for it.
> The worst part was that their families were making them prostitute
> themselves because the parent or parents were too lazy to work. Some of
> the girls were just 13.  A couple of the other soldiers kept track of
> who they were, and warned you they were minors.  Still, a lot of guys
> were screwed out of half of their pay, until they retired or didn't
> re-enlist.

Why wasn't it reported to authorities, those young girls would likely have
emotional damage from the child prostitution.
They could be taken away from their good for nothing parents and they would
be criminally charged.  I guess the difficult thing would not to implicate
your co-workers in solicitation and create a problem.

Shaun