Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad atonce?)

The Daring Dufas wrote:

> On 12/1/2013 6:46 PM, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
> >
> > The Daring Dufas wrote:
> >>
> >> You could probably purchase a DSC board and keypad to install in your
> >> existing can, reusing the same wiring, switches and detectors. I think
> >> there are several places on the web including eBay where you might get
> >> one. I purchased a number of main boards only to install inside
> >> generator transfer switches to monitor the generators. DSC makes pretty
> >> good stuff. ^_^
> >>
> >> http://www.dsc.com/
> >

> >     DO you remember brands like MOOSE and FBI?
> >

> Yep, I installed a lot of them and if you didn't have a tamper switch on
> the keypad, you could pop the cover and disarm the system without any
> special tools. It was almost as easy as disarming a n/o key switch
> that lacked a tamper. ^_^

   The real fun was getting the phone company to install a properly
wired RJ31X.  It was a couple years before they were available through
the alarm suppliers, so it cost the customer $150 to have Ohio Bell
install it wrong.  Then we would have to rewire it so the dialer could
seize the line.  Some ID10Ts didn't even wire the switch, they simply
daisy chained the wires so the phones would work. Another problem was
the early battery chargers were set too high and would destroy the Gel
Cell in a year.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.