Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad atonce?)

> The Daring Dufas wrote:

>>>      DO you remember brands like MOOSE and FBI?
>>>

>> Yep, I installed a lot of them and if you didn't have a tamper switch on
>> the keypad, you could pop the cover and disarm the system without any
>> special tools. It was almost as easy as disarming a n/o key switch
>> that lacked a tamper. ^_^
>

>     The real fun was getting the phone company to install a properly
> wired RJ31X.  It was a couple years before they were available through
> the alarm suppliers, so it cost the customer $150 to have Ohio Bell
> install it wrong.  Then we would have to rewire it so the dialer could
> seize the line.  Some ID10Ts didn't even wire the switch, they simply
> daisy chained the wires so the phones would work. Another problem was
> the early battery chargers were set too high and would destroy the Gel
> Cell in a year.

Back in the 70's I made my own circuit boards on the kitchen table so I
could build my own solid state alarm controls. Most of what was around
was the old reverse polarity on a pair going directly to a central
station like the police/fire department. ^_^

TDD