Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad atonce?)

The Daring Dufas wrote:

> Back in the 70's I made my own circuit boards on the kitchen table so I
> could build my own solid state alarm controls. Most of what was around
> was the old reverse polarity on a pair going directly to a central
> station like the police/fire department. ^_^

  That depended on the type of equipment at the local CO. Touch Tone
phones had to be modified to work with the 1920s designed CO equipment
in my home town before the DTMF to pulse converter would work.  They
really went whole hog in their conversion. Only 100 DTMF lines were made
available, out of 30,000 numbers.

   We looked into manufacturing some alarm equipment, but the
manufacture's liability insurance was over $1,000,000 a year at that
time.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.