Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad atonce?)

> The Daring Dufas wrote:
>>
>> You could probably purchase a DSC board and keypad to install in your
>> existing can, reusing the same wiring, switches and detectors. I think
>> there are several places on the web including eBay where you might get
>> one. I purchased a number of main boards only to install inside
>> generator transfer switches to monitor the generators. DSC makes pretty
>> good stuff. ^_^
>>
>> http://www.dsc.com/
>

>     DO you remember brands like MOOSE and FBI?

Yep, I installed a lot of them and if you didn't have a tamper switch on
the keypad, you could pop the cover and disarm the system without any
special tools. It was almost as easy as disarming a n/o key switch
that lacked a tamper. ^_^

TDD