Re: sex scams in Vietnam and other places

Shaun wrote:

> Why wasn't it reported to authorities, those young girls would likely have
> emotional damage from the child prostitution.
> They could be taken away from their good for nothing parents and they would
> be criminally charged.  I guess the difficult thing would not to implicate
> your co-workers in solicitation and create a problem.

   Just reporting it would have put the GI in federal prison.  It was
blackmail.  The military didn't ask why you wanted part of your pay sent
to someone else, since it was common practice to send most of your pay
to your family or a girlfriend.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.