Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad atonce?)

The Daring Dufas wrote:

> Michael A. Terrell wrote:
> >
> > The Daring Dufas wrote:
> >>
> >> You aired up the tires on the choppers? ^_^
> >

> >     No, I maintained the WeatherVision system that provided weather data
> > to the pilot ready rooms, and delivered the base ETV programs to their
> > classrooms. We were only allowed 15 minutes downtime before they shut
> > down the airfields.  Up to 17 of them.  I also repaired a couple RADAR
> > systems when they were short on techs.
> >
> >    The only thing that was inflated on a chopper were the pilots. ;-)
>
> Were there girl pilots flying choppers when you were there? You don't
> want to dis your girlfriend if she pilots an Apache. ^_^

   This was the early '70s and they were training medivac pilots for
Vietnam, so there were no female pilots at the time. Women were not
allowed in combat zones back then. The air was pumped into their egos to
made them crazy and brave enough to fly into areas where the enemy would
shoot down a medical copter.  The only girls around Rucker back then
were hookers or underage girls who would fool a GI into sex, then make
them sign over half their pay (For their entire time they remained in
the service) to keep from being charged with rape.  Some were getting
half the pay from over a dozen GIs.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.