Re: Alarm system transformer + power supply (would both go bad atonce?)

> The Daring Dufas wrote:
>>
>> Michael A. Terrell wrote:

>>> No, I maintained the WeatherVision system that provided weather
>>> data to the pilot ready rooms, and delivered the base ETV
>>> programs to their classrooms. We were only allowed 15 minutes
>>> downtime before they shut down the airfields.  Up to 17 of them.
>>> I also repaired a couple RADAR systems when they were short on
>>> techs.
>>>
>>> The only thing that was inflated on a chopper were the pilots.
>>> ;-)
>>
>> Were there girl pilots flying choppers when you were there? You
>> don't want to dis your girlfriend if she pilots an Apache. ^_^
>

> This was the early '70s and they were training medivac pilots for
> Vietnam, so there were no female pilots at the time. Women were not
> allowed in combat zones back then. The air was pumped into their egos
> to made them crazy and brave enough to fly into areas where the enemy
> would shoot down a medical copter.  The only girls around Rucker back
> then were hookers or underage girls who would fool a GI into sex,
> then make them sign over half their pay (For their entire time they
> remained in the service) to keep from being charged with rape.  Some
> were getting half the pay from over a dozen GIs.

Funny how the sex scam never changes. There's been a story about a
football player who was accused of rape a year after it allegedly
occurred only after his accuser found out he may wind up making lots of
money playing professional ball. No, I'm not a football fan. ^_^

TDD