Re: Moose/Sentol

On Oct 1, 6:47=A0pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Oct 1, 5:23=A0pm, G. Morgan <usenet_ab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > >RHC: No, it's never too late unless you let it be so. If you give up
> > >before you start, you are doomed to failure from the get go !!!
> > >There's a huge fund raising drive getting started across this country
> > >to raise money for the next election. It's targeted at eliminating
> > >those gutless MP's who flipflopped on the vote. It's also targeted at
> > >ending the long gun registry as an election issue. I've already given
> > >a lot of money; I hope all shooters will also...
>
> > This has been an interesting read. =A0So are you restricted from owning=
 a handgun
> > in Canada? =A0And your 30-.06 is illegal for hunting?! =A0That is the p=
referred
> > round for deer hunters in TX. =A0
>
> > All you have to do in TX to buy any gun (besides class 3 - automatic ri=
fles,
> > silencers, and certain other parts) is fill out a form and the dealer m=
akes a 5
> > minute phone call. =A0The answer comes back "proceed, hold, or no".
>
> > It's also legal to own a fully automatic M-16, AR-15, or AK47 but that =
requires
> > more paperwork.
>
> RHC:No Graham, I am not restricted from owning a handgun. I just can't
> do anything with it unless I belong to a gun club, and have obtained
> an Authorization to Transport from my home to that gun club. Since I
> compete with a handgun (IPSC / USPSA), I have other permits that allow
> me to travel from my home to a border crossing point. After that, I
> have a US ATF Form 6 allowing me to transport to any sporting event in
> the USA, plus a North Dakota hunting license to allow me to possess
> ammunition in the US, plus invitations from the clubs where I shoot.
> All in all, they fill a binder about half an inch thick !!
>
> In Canada, we have an overall gun license called a Possession
> Acquistion License, good for five years, requiring government
> sanctioned safety courses, police background check for criminal or
> mental health problems, plus a sign off by your spouse you represent
> no threat to her. Once cleared by the RCMP, you are permitted to buy
> firearms which fit in three different classes, unrestricted (long guns
> and shotguns), restricted (handguns, small short barrelled firearms of
> the military persuasion, plus any other gun that "looks bad"
> determined by bureaucrats; and prohibited firearms (guns with barrels
> less than 4 inches, certain calibres such as .380 and .25, and fully
> automatic firearms). These you can only possess (never shoot) only if
> you owned them before 1988....they are grandfathered and go to the
> scrap heap upon your death)
>
> The PAL might seem onerous but overall it is a good piece of licensing
> that serves to ensure those who shouldn't have legal firearms are
> prevented from doing so, plus ensures all gun owners are trained in
> [...]

I have a document that I copied from the UN website probably about 15
- 18 years ago. It was written in 1967 and it is one scary thing to
read. It is world wide gun confiscation by all governments where only
the governments have firearms. The language is all couched in terms
and ideas seemingly to promote peace and a one world government. But
if you read it from the point of view of a world wide dictatorship, it
all falls into place. If you're interested in seeing it, I'll try to
find it and send it to you via E-mail, as a Word attachment.  I've
tried to find the document on their site since then and now it's gone.
Really, really scary!

And then of course there are people like Ted Turner who has pledged
and is donating a billion dollars to the UN to help promote gun
control. Nowdays George Soros is putting lots of money into
international anti gun organizations that disarmed Austrailia, to
promote anti gun laws in the US.

I wonder if my wife would get into any trouble if she buried me with
my firearms?