> On Sep 29, 12:11 am, "Petem" <petem...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "Petem" <petem...@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
>> discussion
>> : i7ud65$ss...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>

>> > "tourman" <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le message de groupe
>> > de
>> > discussion :
>> > 24a94124-fadd-43c8-a0f3-b3a2a24c1...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>> > Less paranoia case in the population??
>>
>> talking about hunting.. here's my setup for this year... half an hour
>> drive
>> from home..
>>
>>   ;-))))))))
>>
>> http://img101.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=chasse20100209...
>
> RHC: You're obviously a bow hunter.

Bow hunter, black powder hunter and long fire arm hunter.. Any way I can use
to go for a steak I will use.. ;-))

When I hunted, I used a Remington
> semi-automatic .30-06  with a 16.5 inch barrel....2.5 inch flip over
> scope...a perfect combination for hunting in heavy Northern Ontario
> bush country. Over 45 years, I managed to get 38 moose which kept my
> family fed for years early in my life when I had no money. Well, the
> unelected bureaucrats that control the list of firearms deemed not
> suitable for sporting use (whatever the hell that means....) would put
> this model on the restricted list (which means it's considered the
> same as a handgun, and can't leave the place of registration except
> with permits to travel to a gun club only). So, it would be useless
> for any further hunting activities of any kind.

That part is totally true, but they had to draw a line, you cant argue that
this type of weapon can be hide easily and could be a treat to many poeple..

> Where is the logic in that ? Their reasoning is the barrel is too
> close to the legal minimum of 16 inches ! These people don't have a
> whit of real world knowledge or common sense. They know nothing about
> the shooting sports and care even less ! They are not now and never
> have been looking out for your or my interests. They have been given
> the power to make arbitrary decisions, that are not bound by anything
> other than if "it looks bad"\ then ban it" !!  What kind of reasoning
> is that ? And your Bloc Quebecois group would wholeheartedly support a
> government that would ban all semi-automatics from ownership, based on
> what ?

Like I said, that drew a line, where would they have it done to be ok for
you?? 17 inch?? 18?? 22??

for you 16 is too short, then it will be 19 for another.. cant please every
one and the others..

> You don't have too look too far back in Canadian politics to realize
> that no one will ever care a damn about the shooting sports. We are
> political pawns to be used simply to advance the current government in
> power to appease urban interests. It's like sitting on a knife edge
> waiting for the next mass shooting, knowing when it happens (not if),
> you're going to be pushed off that cliff in the name of political
> appeasement !!

Shooting spor is not the sport that have the best support from the whole
community, when people think of it, the see a bunch of red neck that kill
nice animals..
Even in my family some think of me as a heartless man for hunting moose and
deer..But they will kindly eat the large moose steak I am cooking fort them
on my BBQ  ;-))

> If that's paranoia, then I guess millions of people are !! You might
> want to wake up and smell the flowers !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen, It wont matter.. Its been too late 30 years ago.. It was too late
when UK passed law on fire arms in 1920...