Re: Moose/Sentol

On Oct 1, 12:51=A0pm, "petem" <petem...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "tourman" <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> a =E9crit dans le message de groupe d=
> discussion :
> e43aeb26-2498-4b0b-8b78-ff77f92a5...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> > On Sep 29, 12:11 am, "Petem" <petem...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That part is totally true, but they had to draw a line, you cant argue th=
at
> this type of weapon can be hide easily and could be a treat to many poepl=
e..

RHC: With all due respect, you've completely missed the point again.
The size of the gun, or the length of the barrel has squat to do with
anything ! It's the guy behind it that makes it dangerous or not. Gun
haters don't think rationally when it comes to sporting use for
firearms. This may seem to some like splitting hairs, but even
referring to a firearm as a "weapon" implies that it will be used for
nefarious things ! A gun is a gun is a gun ! It's only a "weapon" if
you choose to make it so (as is an automobile or any other potentially
dangerous item). The real issue is as long as they continue to see
firearms usage in negative connotations, we will have a problem! And
since they will always do so, we will always have a problem !

> Shooting spor is not the sport that have the best support from the whole
> community, when people think of it, the see a bunch of red neck that kill
> nice animals..
> Even in my family some think of me as a heartless man for hunting moose a=
nd
> deer..But they will kindly eat the large moose steak I am cooking fort th=
em
> on my BBQ =A0;-))

RHC: So what do you do about their hypocracy? They eat your food but
condemn they way you get it !! I think some of these urbanites think
steak grows on trees !! I have never stood still for anyone condemning
me for hunting for food; they get a polite but firm "earfull" when it
happens......

> Listen, It wont matter.. Its been too late 30 years ago.. It was too late
> when UK passed law on fire arms in 1920...

RHC: No, it's never too late unless you let it be so. If you give up
before you start, you are doomed to failure from the get go !!!
There's a huge fund raising drive getting started across this country
to raise money for the next election. It's targeted at eliminating
those gutless MP's who flipflopped on the vote. It's also targeted at
ending the long gun registry as an election issue. I've already given
a lot of money; I hope all shooters will also...