Re: DSC 832 on Cable VoIP

Robert L Bass wrote:
> "JoeRaisin" wrote:
>>
>>> As one example that comes to mind, idiot politicians up here recently
>>> used that argument to justify the expenditure of $2 BILLION dollars of
>>> public money to register all the long guns in the country,  on the
>>> premise that it was worth it if  "it saved only one life"
>>
>> But... but... It's for the CHILDREN!
>
> The truly stupid thing about the whole registration argument is the idea
> that registration will save anyone or anything.  Registration is not
> about saving lives or fighting crime. It's about money and control.
>
> I don't like guns at all but I can think of no valid reason to make
> law-abiding citizens register their guns.  It's their right to own
> them.  I'd support a law requiring that guns be secured when not under
> the control or supervision of the responsible owner.  That is my idea of
> gun control.  Someone else said "gun control" consists of using two
> hands... :^)
>
> Wasting time, money and effort on registration instead of "control"
> probably costs more lives because no one is doing anything to protect
> anyone -- just more of the usual government nonsense.

I've heard that in Michigan a gun must be stored "securely" and an owner
faces criminal sanctions if he/she fails to do so and the gun is stolen
and used in a crime.

I don't know if that is true - I'm trying to find out.

We have a 'shall issue' concealed carry permit law and of recent
controversy is the laws that allow 'open carry' in all but some
restricted locations.