Re: Esprit 728 keypads

On Feb 23, 11:01=A0pm, "Robert L Bass" <nore...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "tourman" wrote:
>
> > Then later they pulled this crap
>
> >http://www.cepro.com/article/court_throws_out_paradox_patent_claim_vs...
>
> Bob, I don't know if you meant to truncate
> the URL, but here it is in it's entirety:
>
> http://www.cepro.com/article/court_throws_out_paradox_patent_claim_vs...
>
> > RHC: Yeah and a couple of other things
> > as well. Seems no company is immune
> > to the dangers of growth. Get big and
> > allow management practices by top level
> > authority to override whats right and in
> > their customers best interests. Lately
> > they are bringing out different models so
> > fast I cant keep up. And worse, nothing
> > is backward compatible, so a dealer has
> > to keep old model stock on hand to
> > service his older clients.
>
> I doubt the idea is to force you to keep lots
> of stuff on hand though that is the net
> effect. Probably they're just trying top bring
> lots of new stuff to market. Failing to make
> the new stuff backward compatible is an
> issue. Would you care to guess which
> manufacturer I happen to like makes their
> new stuff backward compatible with almost
> every panel they've made for a decade or
> more?
>
> Napco, of course. =A0:^)
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>
> Bass Home Electronics
> DIY Alarm and Home Automation Storehttp://www.basshome.com
> Sales & Service 941-870-2310
> Fax 941-870-3252
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

RHC: I actually wrote the president of Paradox about this issue of non
compatibility. Needless to say, I didn't even get the courtesy of a
reply.

In speaking with others within the company, the whole idea of backward
compatibility was "poo pooed" as a non issue, and not even practical
if they plan to be innovative in their development of new products for
the market.This is classic big company "bullshit" thinking -sell like
hell and forget support.!!!!  Who the hell do they think thieir
customers are??? Piss dealers off and they doom themselves in the long
run

One thing I have noticed in this industry, most alarm people are quite
"reactionary" and somewhat unforgiving of companies that mess with
their business. All it takes is one bad experience with a comany's
products and  they remember forever - even after the original problem
has been resolved.

Frankly, if they didn't make such good products, I would consider
going back to DSC for my installations. As it is, I do more DSC
installs now than I had ever planned to do......

Paradox, I hope you're listening (but then you have to care as
well.....)