Re: Esprit 728 keypads

"tourman" wrote:

> RHC: I actually wrote the president of Paradox
> about this issue of non compatibility. Needless
> to say, I didn't even get the courtesy of a reply.

That's not surprising. Now if you were Michael Snyder,
perhaps you would have gotten a reply -- something on the
order of "phhhttbbbbt"  :^)

> In speaking with others within the company,
> the whole idea of backward compatibility was
> "poo pooed" as a non issue, and not even
> practical if they plan to be innovative in their
> development of new products for the market.

I don't know what they're developing but it is
possible that they're actually doing things
advanced enough that it's simply not practical
to integrate the old stuff.  I'm just guessing
though.

> This is classic big company "bullshit"
> thinking -sell like hell and forget support.!!!!
> Who the hell do they think thieir customers
> are??? Piss dealers off and they doom
> themselves in the long run

True.

> One thing I have noticed in this industry,
> most alarm people are quite "reactionary"

You could even have picked up that notion
just participating in ASA.  :^)

> Frankly, if they didn't make such good
> products, I would consider going back to
> DSC for my installations. As it is, I do
> more DSC installs now than I had ever
> planned to do...

You're *always* doing more than you
planned to do. Come on down and relax
a little.

> Paradox, I hope you're listening (but then
> you have to care as well.....)

Oh, they care.  It's just that they're too busy
pretending not to.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass