Re: Esprit 728 keypads

"tourman" wrote:

> Then later they pulled this crap
>
> http://www.cepro.com/article/court_throws_out_paradox_patent_claim_vs...

Bob, I don't know if you meant to truncate
the URL, but here it is in it's entirety:

http://www.cepro.com/article/court_throws_out_paradox_patent_claim_vs_dsc_adt/

> RHC: Yeah and a couple of other things
> as well. Seems no company is immune
> to the dangers of growth. Get big and
> allow management practices by top level
> authority to override whats right and in
> their customers best interests. Lately
> they are bringing out different models so
> fast I cant keep up. And worse, nothing
> is backward compatible, so a dealer has
> to keep old model stock on hand to
> service his older clients.

I doubt the idea is to force you to keep lots
of stuff on hand though that is the net
effect. Probably they're just trying top bring
lots of new stuff to market. Failing to make
the new stuff backward compatible is an
issue. Would you care to guess which
manufacturer I happen to like makes their
new stuff backward compatible with almost
every panel they've made for a decade or
more?

Napco, of course.  :^)

--

Regards,