Re: Esprit 728 keypads

On Feb 23, 10:01=A0pm, "Robert L Bass" <nore...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I doubt the idea is to force you to keep lots
> of stuff on hand though that is the net
> effect. Probably they're just trying top bring
> lots of new stuff to market. Failing to make
> the new stuff backward compatible is an
> issue. Would you care to guess which
> manufacturer I happen to like makes their
> new stuff backward compatible with almost
> every panel they've made for a decade or
> more?
>
> Napco, of course. =A0:^)
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

A decade or more eh? Wow thats really amazing!

And almost as long as DSC which offers expanders and keypads that can
still be used on panels dating back to the original PC5010 introduced
in 1994. Same with Caddx NX panels from 1997. Of course you could go
back a little more with Radionics.

Oh yea I forgot that many of current keypads and expanders from
Honeywell work on Ademco panels created in the late 80's, and don't
get me started on DMP

Also the latest versions of the P3200 to X255 requires keypads with
the latest firmware or they won't function correctly, something not
required on every other manufacturer I just listed. And try getting a
GEM-K1VPS to work on anything other than a P1664