Re: Ping: Jim (Napco PCI-Mini)

"JoeRaisin" wrote:

> But as it stands they only have that authority on post...

Even civilian cops like the woman who took down the Ft Hood terrorist?  I didn't
realize that.

> And when off duty - their guns were in the armory.

I think every LEO should have the right to carry any place he goes except on an
airplane.  The only people I want armed on airplanes are undercover federal
officers, the pilot and first officer.

> We always assumed that the limited scope of their
> authority was why the hiring standards were so much
> looser than with regular pd's.

Could be.

> Again - not that there weren't or aren't decent professionals on the forces,
> just that the it always seemed to me that the "ten percent" that broke from
> the norm were the "good" ones, rather than the bad ones.

That sounds like the NYC Subway Police.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics