Re: Ping: Jim (Napco PCI-Mini)

"JoeRaisin" wrote:

> Actually I don't even think an service member could
> get one.
>
> I'm not trying to be contentious - just trying to be clear.

I didn't think you were being argumentative.  You know more about this stuff
than most of us, including me, due to your military service.

> The requirements for the CMH are pretty rigorous
> regarding who one is fighting and in what context.
>
> "Conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of
> his life above and beyond the call of duty while
> engaged in an action against any enemy of the
> United States; while engaged in military operations
> involving conflict with an opposing foreign force; or
> while serving with friendly foreign forces engaged
> in an armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which the United
> States is not a belligerent
> party"

Wow!  That last part takes care of Iraq.  :(

> If Hasan is a lone nutbag then the action doesn't
> qualify.  Also, I've never heard of anyone getting
> it for a one on one engagement.

I'm sure you're right.  My remark was one of sentiment.  She's one heck of a
brave cop.  I hope she recovers completely.  Somebody ought to at least send her
roses.  Her home address is listed on various people search engines.  Maybe we
could start something nice here.  Wouldn't that be a pleasant change?

> Don't discount who I said made up the bulk of the
> base police force back in my day.  That's a far cry
> from a few idiots on an actual police force.

Understood.

> Although - as I also said - I hope it's different now,
> especially given they are turning them loose on the
> general population.

That may be a misconception, Joe.  I'm fairly certain this does not apply to
base police since they already have power of arrest and they obviously carry
guns.  Either way, the folks in the federal wildlife service are not about to be
patrolling your local mall (unless you live in Wasilla, Alaska where moose are
frequently seen lounging at the ice food court.

Any way, back to that idea of flowers, what do you think?  Suppose several
people each send just one rose and post it as a suggestion on Facebook, Twitter
or something.  Hmmm.  :^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass