Re: Ping: Jim (Napco PCI-Mini)

Robert L Bass wrote:
> "JoeRaisin" wrote:
>>
>> Yes she does.  The circumstance doesn't warrant a CMH (if that Hasan
>> guy is determined to be an Islamic Terrorist working with a known
>> terror organization that could make a difference) - but a silver star
>> at least. Whatever the highest honor is in her organization should be
>> coming her way.
>
> Hasan is a nutcase.  I doubt he was connected to anyone or anything.  I
> know she can't get the CMH.  It just seems like it would be
> appropriate.  If she was military she'd be in line for sure but she's a
> civilian.

Actually I don't even think an service member could get one.

I'm not trying to be contentious - just trying to be clear.

The requirements for the CMH are pretty rigorous regarding who one is
fighting and in what context.

"Conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and
beyond the call of duty while engaged in an action against any enemy of
the United States; while engaged in military operations involving
conflict with an opposing foreign force; or while serving with friendly
foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing armed
force in which the United States is not a belligerent party"

If Hasan is a lone nutbag then the action doesn't qualify.

Also, I've never heard of anyone getting it for a one on one engagement.

>> That said - just as one bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch (babe)
>> one good one doesn't mean they are all like her.  Heck, her own
>> commander said he's glad that SHE was the first one there.
>
> Every police department is the same -- some good, some bad and a lot of
> people just doing a job, trying to make a living like the rest of us.
> In my city there have been some pretty awful stories of police brutality
> and police stupidity lately.  The chief, one street cop and several
> commanders really ought to be fired but of course they won't be.
>
> OTOH, I know a few Sarasota cops who are really good guys.  One of them
> wants to buy my bike.  I turned him down.  :^)

Don't discount who I said made up the bulk of the base police force back
in my day.  That's a far cry from a few idiots on an actual police force.

Although - as I also said - I hope it's different now, especially given
they are turning them loose on the general population.