Re: Ping: Jim (Napco PCI-Mini)

"JoeRaisin" wrote:

> 20 years on military bases didn't give me much respect for "base cops".

It was one of those base cops who ran straight toward the terrorist, firing at
him even as he was shooting her.  This woman deserves the Medal of Honor.

> There's a reason they don't let 'em carry guns off post or only gave them
> limited authority over civilians.

The bill in question isn't actually aimed at "base cops" but rather at wildlife
and homeland security officers.  These are people who have been tasked with
upholding the law.  They put themselves at risk for us.  The least we can do is
arm them and give them the authority to carry out their jobs.

> I've been hoping that some of the more intrusive components of the patriot act
> would have been abolished by Obama - but he has fallen short there.

I'm disappointed that we have not yet done several things that I believe can be
accomplished by presidential orders without consent of Congress.  I'd like an
end to "don't ask, don't tell" so Leuck can sign up.

I'd also like to see the Patriot Act cancelled.  It is anything but patriotic --
nothing more than the Bush Administration's attempt at an imperial presidency.
That abomination, unfortunately, will take an act of Congress to remove.  It's
as awful as the Sedition Act.

> And the "his addendum" was tongue in cheek.

His addendum???

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass