Re: Ping: Jim (Napco PCI-Mini)

"Robert L Bass" wrote:

> The Title 10 bill is intended to give wildlife officers...

Sorry, that was supposed to read "originally intended".  Early discussion of the
bill (or one similar) by its co-authors centered around "fish and game", etc.
The actual bill covers a broader spectrum of federal police personnel.  Bear in
mind that this bill does nothing to create any new law enforcement department.
It clarifies power of arrest and authority to carry firearms to existing law
enforcement personnel.  I say "clarifies" because in reality all law enforcement
personnel (and even ordinary citizens) have power of arrest for crimes they
actually witness.  But without a gun on their side, wildlife officers who
encounter law breakers on federal lands are just only powerless.  They can often
be in mortal danger.

We shouldn't believe that any new law is bad just because it comes from the
"left side" of the aisle.  This one has support from both parties.  I hope it
passes.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass