Re: Concord 4 issue or user issue?

"mleuck" <m.leuck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:8dd570e0-5733-4625-8f95-ad3c5a737ee4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Dec 10, 10:32 am, "Kid" <k...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "mleuck" <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > > That sounds like the 8300 which was a huge beast, the 8000 was a lot
> > > smaller
>
> > Yup. You're right, it was an 8300. Weighed about 40 pounds. (18 kilos to
> > you, Doug)
>
> > --
> > js
>
> > Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
>
> That one actually was way ahead of it's time, until it lost power and
> forgot it's programming
>
> it's got the nickle shaped battery on the board but it is soldered in and
> difficult to replace.

The first version had a removable lithium battery, that was the one
that caused the problems, the 2nd version had a capacitor

How could it be a problem if it is removeable?  I've never seen one with a
removeable battery or a cap,  and I've done hundreds.  although never had to
check the battery on the board till later in the lifespan and the few I did
check were soldered in.