Re: Wire type for peripherals on residential burg/fire panels

Effenpig1 wrote:

> So is it your opinion that it is not-necessary to use fire wire for
> anything other than the detection devices themselves?

I have no opinion either way.  You're obviously in the US and subject to
a different set of codes and standards.  Personally, I would go with
what your local AHJ orders (or suggests) to satisfy both your and your
insurance company's piece of mind (and get that in writing).

> Dogs breakfast ?????  Is that a poo reference?

Nope.  That comes from "the other end".