Re: Wire type for peripherals on residential burg/fire panels

"Frank Olson" <use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Kid wrote:
>> if there is a fire panic button on the keypad then there is fire
>> protection.
>
> "Fire protection" isn't a "button" you have to be awake (or on the
> premises) to use.  A sprinkler system is "protection".  A smoke detector
> is "protection".

no, that is detection.  and if you use the fire button the fire trucks will
roll.  still have to use fire wire if you use the fire button for fire
protection is all I was saying.  but feel free not to and then you can tell
the inspector 'your' theory when he wants to know why you aren't within
code..