Re: Brinks Alarms: Beware of the Fuel Surcharge Tax

"Frank Olson" <use_the_email_links@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit dans le
message de groupe de discussion : 4MPjk.42204$nD.3830@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> tourman wrote:

>>> It's more likely the end user was too stupid to realize that you don't
>>> get something for nothing and that going with a national company to
>>> get a "Free" alarm system if the first sign of a rip off.
>>
>> RHC: Well finally you post something that we can agree on.....
>>> Let me put it in terms you might understand.
>>> It's not the gun that commits the crime, it's the person holding it.
>>
>> RHC: Absolutely !! Good analogy.....
>>> Likewise .............
>>> It's not the long term contract that holds the customer against his
>>> will with bad service, it's the company who wields it.
>>
>> RHC: Damn ! There's hope for you yet....
>>> Somebody please re-post this.
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> RHC: No need. I didn't bother to put your filter back on yet since I
>> wanted to see if you planned to spew more hate towards RLB. I hope you
>> are enjoying gloating over his misfortune.
>>
>> BTW, my post was a "tongue in cheek", lighthearted post to take a poke
>> in the ribs at Frank's comment (and I'm sure everyone but you saw
>> that...). If a customer pays for his system fully up front AND is
>> stupid enough to also sign into a long term contract that doesn't do a
>> damn thing for him, so be it ! A fool and his money are soon
>> parted.......
>>
>> I just had a new client who had to pay out $850 to buy his way out of
>> a contract in order to come to me for decent service (and that's after
>> buying his system fully up front).
>>
>> And that's no "poke"......(nor do I intend to continue this tired old
>> line about long term contracts)
>

> In the case of Edwards/GE, it's not a "long term contract" you sign... You
> buy their equipment and you're locked in to their service.  That includes
> the price gouging.  We bought a smoke module for a 6500 system about a
> year ago.  They charged us $542.00.  When you look at the card there's
> maybe $20.00 in parts on it and the board looks like someone used a dremel
> tool to cut out.  I built better projects in my electronics class in Grade
> 11 and 12.  Sheesh!!!

are you talking about a 6500 custom panel?

if so this dinosaurus should be removed.. not repaired!!

but i can understand you.. this thing is unkillable

at one of my old customer place there was one, a waste pipe brock close to
it and all the toilet from the 2nd floor to the 4ft floor dropped there
stuff on a jonction box (not closed of course , been left open by a edwards
guys after a small inspection) let me tell you that it was a mess..

the customer was a catholic school for girls (where girls sleep there) and
of course didnt had any money to spare on a new panel.. well after a few day
of cleanning all the parts and drying the main box , it started back.. we
got a few card to replace ( bells output) but it was working.. the bell
didnt ring when wast water came to it cause it was shorted at first ..