Re: OT: Cancer

Robert L Bass wrote:
> "Frank Olson" wrote:
>>
>> I imagine the business market in Florida is experiencing
>> the same kind of "slump" the housing market is having.
>> I've lived through one of those already (in the mid '80's)
>> and I don't envy anyone that owns any kind of property
>> there right now...  I do understand that there are some good deals to
>> be had, though...
>
> True, but it's not just Florida.  Almost everywhere in the US it's the
> same. We're going to br msking some changes in November which will
> help... :^)
>
>> Tell me about it.  We just lost a substantial contract.
>> A "competitor" dropped their labour rate to $40.00 per
>> hour...
>
> I don't know what the going rate is in your area but that sounds awfully
> low.

It is.  You can't get a truck to roll here with any of the large
nationals unless you're willing to pony up at least $130.00 an hour with
a two hour minimum and a fuel surcharge that's anywhere from $10.00 to
$54.00 (the latter being GE/Edwards "truck charge").  We're a tad lower
at $75.00 an hour with a two hour minimum but no additional fuel/truck
charges.