Re: OT: Cancer

"Frank Olson" wrote:

> I imagine the business market in Florida is experiencing
> the same kind of "slump" the housing market is having.
> I've lived through one of those already (in the mid '80's)
> and I don't envy anyone that owns any kind of property
> there right now...  I do understand that there are some good deals to be
> had, though...

True, but it's not just Florida.  Almost everywhere in the US it's the same.
We're going to br msking some changes in November which will help... :^)

> Tell me about it.  We just lost a substantial contract.
> A "competitor" dropped their labour rate to $40.00 per
> hour...

I don't know what the going rate is in your area but that sounds awfully low.

>> There's no guaranty sales will continue as they have,
>> but there is a nice, upward curve in monthly sales
>> volume that's been continuing for a while now.
>
> I'm happy for you.

Thanks.

> But when someone calls to order an 864, 832, 632, or
> 1555, what do you say to them??

I just give them the newer model at the old price.  It's not too common though
since I'm not actively persuing DSC sales.

>> For alarms I mainly sell Honeywell and Napco.  That's no longer the biggest
>> part of my business though.  I make
>> more money selling home access control, locksmith
>> supplies and CCTV.
>
> I understand your strategy when it comes to search
> engine positioning.  There are other ways to accomplish
> your goal of global alarm domination though...  :-)

Heh, heh, heh.  Actually, I'd be content with a mere 1% or 2% of the market.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics