Re: OT: Cancer

"Frank Olson" wrote:

> I can't imagine an online store such as yours being worth much to anyone
> else (and this is *not* a flame)...

It's a function of sales rather than recurring revenue.  Online retail sales
is completely different business from an installation firm.  A prospective
buyer looks at volume, profit margin, ease of operation, etc.  We sell more
than all but a few very large operations and our overhead is minimal.

Anyway, I'm not yet certain I'll sell unless I get a really good offer.  The
current business market is less than ideal so it's not likely the right offer
will come along soon.

> If you had established contracts or agreements
> (with regularly recurring revenues) then that would
> be a different matter...

We get a lot of repeat business from industrial clients, government and
military buyers but any of that could dry up at any time.  There's no guaranty
sales will continue as they have, but there is a nice, upward curve in monthly
sales volume that's been continuing for a while now.

> The DSC section sucks big time.

That's because I've paid no0 attention to DSC.  I only handle it for the
benefit of clients with existing alarms.  The same is true of many of the GE
lines.  For alarms I mainly sell Honeywell and Napco.  That's no longer the
biggest part of my business though.  I make more money selling home access
control, locksmith supplies and CCTV.

>> That's been a two way street, Frank, and I've never been the major
>> contributor though I've sometimes been less than charitable.  For that I
>> apologize.
>
> Apology accepted...
>

>> I really don't care if anyone else apologizes for the numerous attacks on
>> myself, my business, my wife and my family.
>
> The individual that perpetrated those particular attacks isn't with us any
> more (and hadn't posted for some time prior to his passing).

There have been other RW events which you're probably not aware of.  Anyway,
forget it.  I don't care.

> You've just summed up in those few words the "raison d'etre" for a lot of
> folks here.  Pardon my French.

I never was much good at French but I do fairly well at Portuguese.

--

Tchau,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics