Re: OT: Cancer

On Jul 27, 8:27 pm, Frank Olson
<use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can't imagine an online store such as yours being worth much to anyone
> else (and this is *not* a flame).  If you had established contracts or
> agreements (with regularly recurring revenues) then that would be a
> different matter.

RHC: Actually Frank, you might be quite surprised....yah gotta "think
outside the box"....you're thinking here is like that of a
conventional alarm dealer !! Many many businesses without recurring
revenue or contracts of any type are sold with a value based on their
presence and reputation in their local market. Stores of all types are
sold with their value being based on both the material assets AND the
value of the name. A company changing hands with a good name and
reputation already established puts the buyer many steps ahead from
the point of view of starting his business fresh off the mark. In many
cases, the new buyer simply opens his doors and goes on from the point
where the seller left off. How many signs have you seen on businesses
such as "under new management" or "new owner". A smart seller can make
this pay off......

Even if you sell off all the "equity" in an alarmco, the company name
and intangible assets such as reputation remain and can often be sold
off for a value over and above the equity (in this case, what a great
way for a newcomer to break into the alarm market). It's likely no
different in the virtual world. Bob has indicated several times that
he has many large corporate buyers so that established customer list
in itself has value. The value of anything is also determined by how
much someone is willing to pay for it. If someone sees the ability to
make money from something, it's value goes up...

If Bob does sell, I hope he makes some big bucks ! A tiny market niche
in a market of 300 million people can be a VERY, VERY big business....