Re: Brinks Alarms: Beware of the Fuel Surcharge Tax

Petem wrote:

> are you talking about a 6500 custom panel?

Yep!!

> if so this dinosaurus should be removed.. not repaired!!

I don't agree with you.  You don't replace an entire system when one
card blows.

> but i can understand you.. this thing is unkillable

Yep.  And I'm sure there'll be 6500's still running in 2101.  They're
like an original Edison light bulb or is the fact they found one still
running after 100 years just an urban myth?

> at one of my old customer place there was one, a waste pipe brock close
> to it and all the toilet from the 2nd floor to the 4ft floor dropped
> there stuff on a jonction box (not closed of course , been left open by
> a edwards guys after a small inspection) let me tell you that it was a
> mess..
>
> the customer was a catholic school for girls (where girls sleep there)
> and of course didnt had any money to spare on a new panel.. well after a
> few day of cleanning all the parts and drying the main box , it started
> back.. we got a few card to replace ( bells output) but it was working..
> the bell didnt ring when wast water came to it cause it was shorted at
> first ..

Yech!  The same thing happened to a hotel downtown.  Took out the brand
new EST-3 in the lobby.  Smelly business!  Edwards called it "Eau de Money".