Re: Brinks Alarms: Beware of the Fuel Surcharge Tax

tourman wrote:
> On Jul 29, 1:23 pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Jul 29, 12:12�pm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> On Jul 23, 12:56 am, Frank Olson
>>> <use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> �Their truck charge is a rip off. �I'm surprised their customers
>>> "stay" their customers.
>>> RHC: Good question ! Hey, I know....they're likely locked into a long
>>> term contract and can't leave.......:))
>> It's more likely the end user was too stupid to realize that you don't
>> get something for nothing and that going with a national company to
>> get a "Free" alarm system if the first sign of a rip off.
>
> RHC: Well finally you post something that we can agree on.....
>> Let me put it in terms you might understand.
>> It's not the gun that commits the crime, it's the person holding it.
>
> RHC: Absolutely !! Good analogy.....
>> Likewise .............
>> It's not the long term contract that holds the customer against his
>> will with bad service, it's the company who wields it.
>
> RHC: Damn ! There's hope for you yet....
>> Somebody please re-post this.
>> Thanks.
>
> RHC: No need. I didn't bother to put your filter back on yet since I
> wanted to see if you planned to spew more hate towards RLB. I hope you
> are enjoying gloating over his misfortune.
>
> BTW, my post was a "tongue in cheek", lighthearted post to take a poke
> in the ribs at Frank's comment (and I'm sure everyone but you saw
> that...). If a customer pays for his system fully up front AND is
> stupid enough to also sign into a long term contract that doesn't do a
> damn thing for him, so be it ! A fool and his money are soon
> parted.......
>
> I just had a new client who had to pay out $850 to buy his way out of
> a contract in order to come to me for decent service (and that's after
> buying his system fully up front).
>
> And that's no "poke"......(nor do I intend to continue this tired old
> line about long term contracts)

In the case of Edwards/GE, it's not a "long term contract" you sign...
You buy their equipment and you're locked in to their service.  That
includes the price gouging.  We bought a smoke module for a 6500 system
about a year ago.  They charged us $542.00.  When you look at the card
there's maybe $20.00 in parts on it and the board looks like someone
used a dremel tool to cut out.  I built better projects in my
electronics class in Grade 11 and 12.  Sheesh!!!