Re: Brinks Alarms: Beware of the Fuel Surcharge Tax

On Jul 29, 1:23 pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jul 29, 12:12=EF=BF=BDpm, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 23, 12:56 am, Frank Olson
>
> > <use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > =EF=BF=BDTheir truck charge is a rip off. =EF=BF=BDI'm surprised their =
customers
> > "stay" their customers.
>
> > RHC: Good question ! Hey, I know....they're likely locked into a long
> > term contract and can't leave.......:))
>
> It's more likely the end user was too stupid to realize that you don't
> get something for nothing and that going with a national company to
> get a "Free" alarm system if the first sign of a rip off.

RHC: Well finally you post something that we can agree on.....

> Let me put it in terms you might understand.
> It's not the gun that commits the crime, it's the person holding it.

RHC: Absolutely !! Good analogy.....

> Likewise .............
> It's not the long term contract that holds the customer against his
> will with bad service, it's the company who wields it.

RHC: Damn ! There's hope for you yet....

> Somebody please re-post this.
> Thanks.

RHC: No need. I didn't bother to put your filter back on yet since I
wanted to see if you planned to spew more hate towards RLB. I hope you
are enjoying gloating over his misfortune.

BTW, my post was a "tongue in cheek", lighthearted post to take a poke
in the ribs at Frank's comment (and I'm sure everyone but you saw
that...). If a customer pays for his system fully up front AND is
stupid enough to also sign into a long term contract that doesn't do a
damn thing for him, so be it ! A fool and his money are soon
parted.......

I just had a new client who had to pay out $850 to buy his way out of
a contract in order to come to me for decent service (and that's after
buying his system fully up front).

And that's no "poke"......(nor do I intend to continue this tired old
line about long term contracts)