Re: the police was dispatched to ... the wrong house

>who has nothing to do with our little debate here (Steve) and threaten his
>job.

But as usual you suppose without asking. Notwithstanding your opinion of my
mental state, does it seem at all rational that I, or anyone for that
matter, would pick at random some employee to try to fix blame on? How far
would that get in real life? Out of 500 employees, according to your count,
I just settled on the name Steve? Like pin the tail on the donkey? Maybe
because I didn't like his deep sounding voice on the phone? If he fears for
his job, which doesn't seem likely just yet given your comments to date,
maybe Steve has real reason to fear after all? Maybe this was on his plate
to do for about 6 months. Maybe this is all documented to a faretheewell and
the right folks in HR haven't taken a really good hard look at it just yet.
Maybe this otherwise ridiculous and destructive policy of phone number and
account number removal had its genesis in that office? You suggest I re-read
my posts? You might want to finally ask Steve about this and reevaluate the
"nothing to do with" stance of yours before you post anything else. You
mentioned that you kind of taught him everything he knows? Given the
nightmarish results I seriously doubt you taught him to do everything he's
doing now. Maybe if Steve suddenly finds his job at risk it would be for his
level of performance and judgment, or the lack of it. All this, and your
response to it, seems to me to be several orders of magnitude beyond just
stupid. It's noble for you to show concern for your co-worker. Some of that
same sentiment from you towards the customer and dealer, the ones that were
actually hurt by all this, would be much appreciated at this point. The
denial phase MUST end for this situation to improve, and that should be
abundantly clear to even you at this point. Once the spotlight re-focuses on
this event, and then if HR decides Steve has to fall on his sword, and you
along with him, then so be it. Not to worry, given a bright spot like that
on his resume it should be no problem to find another job in this industry.
Everyone I know is really looking hard for a way to hire people that have a
proven track record of causing big pay outs to customers over liability
issues, as well as the folks that can claim to have trained them, which
should be a big plus for you.