Re: the police was dispatched to ... the wrong house

On Aug 26, 9:21?am, "Roland More" <NoSpamrol...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I never try to repair anything at the component level, especially when I see
> a burnt PCB, relay etc. I've always thought of it as too much liability.
> Besides when I have checked out such boards "just for fun" (back in the day)
> I found nearly all of the resistor values had changed after a lightning
> strike. Once you start to fix what you can see as bad, many times you have
> to nearly shotgun the board to get it to work to fix what you can't see. The
> safer policy for us is if it is a bad board, it gets replaced, and all zones
> are tested as if it were a totally new install.

Knowing and realizing the issues, as I say, it was up to the client.
And my recommendations and client decisons, all documented.

Likewise there are occasions in my locale, when lightning will fuse
contacts or scramble programing but leaving the panel and many
components apparently, untouched. My recomendation ,on paper, is
always to replace all components in the system and the clients
decision not to, is noted. Then there are times when other items in
the household are damaged and only a few contacts on the alarm system.
This is when insurance kicks in and the client is then more aminable
to complete replacement of alarm components to meet or justify the
deductable.