Re: Oh Sh** Moment

On Aug 26, 10:27?pm, "Roland More" <NoSpamrol...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As you know in this business sometimes you here about famous people from
> professional contacts of one sort or another. Being as vague as I can in
> regards to a name in this thread, I can't tell you what I heard, not even by
> making up stories; but I feel safe in telling you what I never heard. So
> many rich, or famous, or powerful people are very gracious, especially when
> in the course of doing your job you are the one that gets inadvertently
> caught up in the spotlight or inconveniences of their life. Most of these
> folks can recognize almost intuitively that this life of theirs has nothing
> to do with you, and that is not the life you seek for yourself, and are not
> necessarily impressed with their life or lifestyle at any level. Others
> expect you feign some sort of interest in their life or
> perceived accomplishments, and act in an otherwise very condescending manner
> towards you. From all the snippets of information I have gathered I have
> never heard anyone comment "man, he is really a nice guy". Everyone has
> their own frame of reference to determine for him or her self if that is a
> positive or negative attribute. From the human to human frame of reference,
> I am talking about the comments one makes or hears when someone is trying to
> describe someone to you that you never met before. I am not trying to make
> any sort of political statement of any sort. I don't lean either way on
> this, let us say omission, I would merely say that's interesting.
> Additionally it is nearly 180 degrees from what I have heard about the guy a
> step above him on the food chain.

Ya know Roland ....... you're absolutely right ..... but there's
always the exception to the rule. I've never once witnessed anyone who
said Robert Bass was a really nice guy.

But in his case, ..... it's because he isn't .... and on top of
that .....everyone is above him, on the food chain.

So, there ya go. ....... hmmmmmm!  Go figure.