Re: Oh Sh** Moment

As you know in this business sometimes you here about famous people from
professional contacts of one sort or another. Being as vague as I can in
regards to a name in this thread, I can't tell you what I heard, not even by
making up stories; but I feel safe in telling you what I never heard. So
many rich, or famous, or powerful people are very gracious, especially when
in the course of doing your job you are the one that gets inadvertently
caught up in the spotlight or inconveniences of their life. Most of these
folks can recognize almost intuitively that this life of theirs has nothing
to do with you, and that is not the life you seek for yourself, and are not
necessarily impressed with their life or lifestyle at any level. Others
expect you feign some sort of interest in their life or
perceived accomplishments, and act in an otherwise very condescending manner
towards you. From all the snippets of information I have gathered I have
never heard anyone comment "man, he is really a nice guy". Everyone has
their own frame of reference to determine for him or her self if that is a
positive or negative attribute. From the human to human frame of reference,
I am talking about the comments one makes or hears when someone is trying to
describe someone to you that you never met before. I am not trying to make
any sort of political statement of any sort. I don't lean either way on
this, let us say omission, I would merely say that's interesting.
Additionally it is nearly 180 degrees from what I have heard about the guy a
step above him on the food chain.