Re: the police was dispatched to ... the wrong house

> just because you did that kind of work and
> lost your company and license and ability
> to warranty parts and monitor doesn't have
> anything to do  with the rest of the industry.

I forgot to mention these guys also lie through their teeth.

> how can they save money when you sell at
> retail...

Easy.  A typical "professional" crap system
consists of 1 panel, 1 keypad, 1 motion detector,
2 door contacts and 1 very small interior siren.
For this the average "authorized dealer" charges
$200 for the system plus $90 for the phone jack
(which costs him $1.49).  The victim then pays
the dealer $40 per month for five years. That's
$2690.

Add 2 more doors ($70 each), another motion
detector ($130), 2 smoke detectors ($150 each
+ an extra $5 a month for fire) and a second
keypad ($180) and the bill comes to over $3700
for a system he will never be able to use without
paying some rip-off dealer through the nose
every month.  These systems are typically
bottom of the barrel DSC.

The smart alarm user opts to DIY, buys a much
better system such as a Vista-20P or Napco
P3200 with more advanced keypads and spends
a fraction of the up-front price.  To make it even
better the DIYer opts for monitoring through
911Alarm at $12 per month.  Furthermore, the
DIYer is not bound by a long-term contract like
your victims are.  He can choose to go monitored
at any central station he likes or stay local and
pay no monthly charges at all.

Besides the cost savings, my DIY customers get
something you don't offer.  They have all the codes
and full access to all function of their systrems.
They never have to worry about some jerk refusing
to unlock their panel without first extracting a
ridiculous fee.

All around the DIYer is better off.

> plus while most alarmcos buy at
> wholesale and pass the savings on just to get
> the business.  all the customer pays for is labor.

Yes, and pay for it they do.  There have been
countless horror stories here from alarm consumers
who are routinely over charged (gouged is a better
word) by professional alarm installers who have
locked the panels so that the consumer can't even
use the system which he has bought and paid for.
You really should be ashamed.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass