Re: the police was dispatched to ... the wrong house

>These systems are typically bottom of the barrel DSC.
I am a little unclear about this line in your post. Are you trying to say
that there actually IS such a thing as a top of the DSC barrel where better
DSC models resides? If so, I have never come across any DSC product from the
top of this barrel you mention. On the very rare occasion the DSC rep for
our area comes by, (other than hearing his stories about his hunting and
fishing and such - being an avid outdoors man) he spends most of his time
listening to us complain about all the DSC stuff that has failed over time
or never worked right to begin with. He is a really nice guy and I think he
avoids us like the plague because he knows what to expect when he contacts
us. Therefore he seldom returns calls or visits. He is still young and
athletic enough so that most times he can run out of the back door of the
parts house when ever we try to corner him in there. The best tag line for
DSC may be "DSC where the dealer is always the beta site". If anyone thinks
I had a disturbing story to tell about a certain fictitious central station,
the otherwise imaginary DSC stories are orders of magnitude more terrifying,
as well as the dollar amounts of the phantom hush money paid (note to any
attorney reading this - it was in the pre TYCO days). In contrast, I still
have the misfortune to have a "frugal" customer that refuses to part with
his very early 80's model Radionics 8012 panel. I don't think any DSC panel
would make it that long even if it was just sitting on the shelf in a
cardboard box .