Re: the police was dispatched to ... the wrong house

On Aug 24, 4:46?pm, "Just Looking" <nos...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >The panels that have failed were the "Magnum" type and were actually burned
>
> by the strike or the conductive lands on the PCB were "opened".
>
> That was the failure I saw most on those panels. The latter ones would stop
> communicating or have a dead or scrambled keypad.
>
> >Admittedly, lightning isn't a major reoccurring problem in my area
>
> though.
>
> It sure can be around here.

I can remember that in at least a couple of cases, I was able to
solder the lands back on the board with "jumper wires" and the panel
worked. Told the client what had happened and what I did. They made
the decison to keep the panel. ( definitely put on paper though :-)