Re: POS integration

Frank Olson wrote:
> Robert L Bass wrote:
>>> So... what?  I call them up, get you a case
>>> number... why?
>>
>> If it happened there would be a case number.
>> That's public information.
>
> "Case numbers" are *not* public information unless one of the parties
> involved provides it.  What do you figure the cops are doing? Publishing
> information about ongoing investigations?  Get a life, Bass.

I'm just imagining how the conversation goes if I actually give him the
customer name and case number.

"Hello, xxxxx Pub"
"Hello, this is Robert L Bass, calling from Bass Home Security in
Florida.  Can you confirm that this case number actually exists and that
the suspects were caught?"
"Huh?  Who the fuck are you and why are you asking?"
"I just want to make sure that your current security provider isn't
lying to me about this recent incident..."
"HUH???  What the fuck business is it of yours??"

Which is exactly what I told him: none of it is his business, and the
case number is none of mine.

Of course, I suppose he could always lie and pretend to be a cop,
insurance agent, or something else.  That's always good for a fraud charge.

I don't suppose he'd be willing to share some of his customers' recent
*active* case numbers with the group, so we can confirm their happy
status with his services...